Re: Administrators Account
- From: "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:55:52 -0400
Thomas <Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The administrators account is missing from log on screen and
user accounts , but is still in computer management.Could
it be locked out somehow and if so how can i get it
back.Tried Tried alt+tab and control userpasswords2 to no
avail.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Log off. Depending on how your system is configured, you can do
one of the following:
1. If the Logon to Windows dialog box is displayed, simply
enter Administrator in the User Name box along with the correct
2. If the Welcome screen is displayed, hit Ctrl + Alt + Del
twice. This should bring up the Logon dialog box.
Take a look at these articles if you want the Administrator
account displayed on the Welcome Screen.
Show Administrator on the Welcome Screen
Courtesy of Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP
How to login as Administrator in Windows XP
Keep in mind that the built-in Administrator account should be
reserved for emergency use. Using is as your regular account
isn't a good idea.
- Prev by Date: Re: Auto Defrag Script
- Next by Date: Re: Removing read only attributes on folders
- Previous by thread: Re: forgot my admin password microsoft xp home
- Next by thread: Re: Administrators Account