Firewall objects not in Policy Editor

Hi all,

I am trying to get the default domain group policy to control settings
for Windows XP SP2 Firewall. I have followed the procedure at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/depfwset/wfsp2wgp.mspx
but it all stops at point 13.

I open the GPO as described, but it only gives me the "Offline Files"
and "Network and Dial-up Connections".

My guess is the GPO is not being updated by the SP2 templates, but I do
not know what to do about that ;-(

The workstation shows XP Pro SP2 and the DC is 2000 Server Standard
Edition.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Kevin

  • Re: Help with using GPO to configure XP Firewall
    ... I guess my first question is what objects are in the OU to which the policy ... the Windows Firewall comes with some default exceptions. ... I still cannot get the GPO to work though. ... > installed Server 2003 Administration Pack on my Windows XP SP2 PC. ...
  • Re: Help with using GPO to configure XP Firewall
    ... I guess my first question is what objects are in the OU to which the policy ... the Windows Firewall comes with some default exceptions. ... I still cannot get the GPO to work though. ... > installed Server 2003 Administration Pack on my Windows XP SP2 PC. ...
  • Re: Help with using GPO to configure XP Firewall
    ... I guess my first question is what objects are in the OU to which the policy ... the Windows Firewall comes with some default exceptions. ... I still cannot get the GPO to work though. ... > installed Server 2003 Administration Pack on my Windows XP SP2 PC. ...
  • Re: Linksys WRT54G and Firewall software
    ... The windows non-firewall included in XP SP2 will be more than enough, ... The XP SP2 firewall does block all incoming connections when configured with no exceptions. ... XP SP2 firewall in other networks and you are running a other brand "non-firewall" software then the recommendation should be to check that the XP SP2 firewall is turned off and the 3rd party "non-firewall" is on. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Windows XP Service Pack 2
    ... I posted the link to SP2 NGs, ... | will have improved control and reporting of update delivery also. ... | It sounds to me like you should get comfortable with using GPO ... |> WAN 9000 times. ...