Re: Prevent access to Wireless Network Setup Wizard

I have not tried that myself but a couple things I would look at is using local
Group Policy via gpedit.msc and look at the possibilities under user
configuration/administrative templates/network/network connections with the
understanding that local Group Policy affects all users that logon to the
computer that have read access to the Windows\system32\group policy\user folder
which by default all users will. If that won't work for non domain computers
look at using the free Microsoft Shared Computer Tookit to lockdown certain user
accounts. Also to try and track down what files and registry keys are accessed
in such an operation use the free tools from SysInternals called filemon and
regmon as they log all file and registry activity.

Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sharedaccess/default.mspx -- Shared Computer
Toolkit