Prevent access to Wireless Network Setup Wizard

Domain = Windows 2K
Clients = Windows XP SP2

We are just about to introduce Wireless networking (802.11a) in our
organisation and I want to prevent "normal" users from running the
Wireless Network Setup Wizard on school notebooks. This is a facility
that only administrators should run

Usually if I just want to prevent access to a feature of Windows
(XP/SP2 clients) I run xcacls and give "students" "no rights" to the
appropriate executable or file. I also use Windows Policies to great
effect but some of the usage will involve "standalone" logins - not
authenticated against the domain.

However I can't seem to find the executable to block. Can anyone
enlighten me?

And in answer to the expected questions, yes we will be using other
forms of security on the WLAN. I just don't want students mucking
around with stuff on school notebooks

Thanks

Peter

  • Prevent access to Wireless Network Setup Wizard
    ... Clients = Windows XP SP2 ... We are just about to introduce Wireless networking in our ... Wireless Network Setup Wizard on school notebooks. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Prevent access to Wireless Network Setup Wizard
    ... Clients = Windows XP SP2 ... We are just about to introduce Wireless networking in our ... Wireless Network Setup Wizard on school notebooks. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: OID_802_11_BSSID_LIST_SCAN ndis 51
    ... and the related links in the DDK/WDK documentation on Windows XP Wireless Networking, I suggest strongly that you do so. ... At one time MSFT had published a white paper on 802.11 adapter behavior for Windows XP that covered these topics. ... I think most of that information has been included into the DDK/WDK documentation. ...
  • Re: OT: Paging the Linux Jihadi
    ... Wireless networking and sound both non-functional. ... I've given up and am busy running Norton Ghost to recover the laptop back to a working (Windows) OS. ... The only successful "it just works" install I've ever had is Linux Mint like what I'm using just now. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Shared Printer Does Not Work from Wireless Network Laptop
    ... Not a Microsoft Office problem - suggest you repost to a Windows group for wireless networking, ... Print jobs initiated from the laptop hang up in the print ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)