Re: Save Credentials not working (File Sharing)

In news:eGKev$$pGHA.3908@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
clintster <clintster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
Hi

I would like to setup a batch file to automaticallly map a drive on
my work domain laptop to my home workgroup computer. I don't want to
add a password in the batch file (security reasons) and was trying
the savecred option in net use but after disconnecting the mapped
drive, when I try map again it again asks for my username and
password.
Thanks
Clinton

I've never tried using savecred, but I thought it was used for runas only
(and I've heard it's a huge security hole).
However, take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287536 .

  • Re: Save Credentials not working (File Sharing)
    ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... I would like to setup a batch file to automaticallly map a drive on my work ... domain laptop to my home workgroup computer. ...
  • Save Credentials not working (File Sharing)
    ... I would like to setup a batch file to automaticallly map a drive on my work ... domain laptop to my home workgroup computer. ...
  • Re: Batch File from Access
    ... If you get errors for security reasons then you need to speak with ... The shell works for me. ... > to use Visual Basic Code - the code worked on other files but not the ones ... I wrote a batch file to do the same thing which works fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)