Re: Windows XP Service Pack 2 SAS Application Error

Offhand I don't know what is happening but is this happening only on SP2
computers? Is the problem users group membership any different than the
users that are not having the problem.for either local computer groups or
domain groups? Are there any related events in the application or system
logs on the computer they are trying to logon to? You might be entitled to a
free support call from Microsoft if it is service pack related. It never
hurts to ask them. --- Steve

"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello,

We are having some trouble on Windows XP Service Pack 2. We are in the
process of updating all our computers from Windows XP Service Pack 1 to
Service Pack 2 with all the latest updates from Microsoft Update, etc.

When certain users attempt to login, they receive an error after they
enter
their login information. Per the security event log, they are
successfully
authenticated, and they are logged in, however, the following error is
displayed and they are locked at a blue screen - not a blue screen of
death -
the Windows XP blue color. At that point, they cannot log in to any
machine
we have. Other people can login to that machine. We removed all
instances
of any local and roaming profiles, however the problem occurs even before
the

SAS window: winlogon.exe - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the
application at location 0x75979eca.

All of the computers are brand new fresh images. They all have antivirus
software on them and it is not virual related. It almost seems that
something happens to the users SID or some association with active
directory
that doesn't allow them to login anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are at a loss for what else to
try.

Thanks
Mike

  • Help with 070-217
    ... The network contains 25,000 computers. ... single Windows 2000 domain named research.contoso.com. ... Server computers that are configured as domain controllers. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Help with 070-217
    ... The network contains 25,000 computers. ... > single Windows 2000 domain named research.contoso.com. ... > Server computers that are configured as domain controllers. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • RE: Help with 070-217
    ... The network contains 25,000 computers. ... > single Windows 2000 domain named research.contoso.com. ... > Server computers that are configured as domain controllers. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Windows XP Service Pack 2 SAS Application Error
    ... There is nothing else unusual in the event log at that time. ... We are having some trouble on Windows XP Service Pack 2. ... process of updating all our computers from Windows XP Service Pack 1 to ... When certain users attempt to login, they receive an error after they ...
  • Re: upgrading frm XP Home to Pro
    ... Why do you think you need Windows XP Professional? ... won't and we need to upgrade all the computers to Pro. ... You bought a server to 'network your computers' and so you can ... software) would give you the same abilities as 'Remote Desktop' ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)