Re: How to remove all administrators from Welcome Screen?

On 11 Jul 2006 11:02:51 -0700, "Dennis Q. Wilson" wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin:

The problem is, I still want the Welcome Screen to appear -- I just
don't want the administrator accounts on it. Isn't there another way?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList]
"Administrator"=dword:00000000

LFR wrote:
in administrator:
start - control panel - user accounts - Change the way user accounts log on
or off - uncheck use welcom screen - apply options... now they need to
writte name and password

there are som more options to make more secure this procedure but my brain
fail me today....maybe later i remember:-P

"Dennis Q. Wilson" wrote:

I used Tweak UI to make all my restricted users appear on the XP Pro
Welcome Screen, but I'd like for the administrators not to appear
there. Problem is, deselecting all the administrator checkboxes cause
the *default* administrator to appear on the Welcome Screen. What am I
missing?