Re: How to remove all administrators from Welcome Screen?

On 11 Jul 2006 11:02:51 -0700, "Dennis Q. Wilson" wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin:

The problem is, I still want the Welcome Screen to appear -- I just
don't want the administrator accounts on it. Isn't there another way?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList]
"Administrator"=dword:00000000

LFR wrote:
in administrator:
start - control panel - user accounts - Change the way user accounts log on
or off - uncheck use welcom screen - apply options... now they need to
writte name and password

there are som more options to make more secure this procedure but my brain
fail me today....maybe later i remember:-P

"Dennis Q. Wilson" wrote:

I used Tweak UI to make all my restricted users appear on the XP Pro
Welcome Screen, but I'd like for the administrators not to appear
there. Problem is, deselecting all the administrator checkboxes cause
the *default* administrator to appear on the Welcome Screen. What am I
missing?

  • Re: System does not displyal switch user names
    ... Control Panel, User Accounts, Change the way users log on or off. ... >>The default Administrator user name is Administrator. ... >>Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...
  • Re: Ignore this message if you actually ARE a masochist?
    ... Administrator. ... Delete unwanted user accounts using Control Panel - User Accounts. ... Open a Command Prompt window and enter the following command: ...
  • Re: Windows password
    ... Log in to any account that has Administrator access. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... "Andrew Stucken" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Windows XP password protection
    ... Login to and account with Administrator access. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel and password Administrator. ...
  • Re: xp control panel does not display in safe mode
    ... Control Panel in the Windows XP General newsgroup. ... There is no password protection on my laptop for the Administrator ... Once you have the command prompt window open you can use the net user ... This should launch the alternate User Accounts applet. ...