Re: i can not download internet explorer 6

In news:OrB3UYSpGHA.4988@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
MowGreen [MVP] <mowgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
Shenan Stanley <newshelper@xxxxxxxxx> typed:

Never install a beta (that can mean "testing, not finished, use at
your own risk, could destroy your computer and all data on it" and
so on..) on a "production" system. Any machine you are willing to
completely destroy all data on without warning and rebuild from
total scratch is okay. One you use daily and have stuff on you
would not like to lose - not usually one you want to use for beta
testing software..
Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs and try to find it there.

No? Read this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/releasenotes/default.aspx

Scroll down to the "Uninstalling" sections.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Just curious; I haven't tried this (nor played with IE7 at all yet)
but would a system restore perhaps work?

Nope. But Sandi Hardemeier's instructions do :
http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/06/30/103391.aspx

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2006]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Gracias!

  • Re: Windows Server 2008 - Enterprise, in particular
    ... If you start playing in the registry you can destroy the system? ... So why will you risk that in a server OS which normally runs for really long times without rebooting. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: check windows activation
    ... try to destroy your activation and activate again. ... your own risk, restart in to safe mode and do the following: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: How the other half lives
    ... zoara wrote: ... able to un-foobar it, but I guess that risk would stop a lot of ... I miss the days when you could destroy a monitor by setting it to an ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: i can not download internet explorer 6
    ... your own risk, could destroy your computer and all data on it" and so ... on a "production" system. ... Scroll down to the "Uninstalling" sections. ...
  • Re: DARPA Grand Challenge
    ... Uhh...while the Germans and the costs of the War destroyed Britain, ... the US CERTAINLY helped destroy most of the rest of W Europe. ... while the USSR rotted from within. ... we're first-rate at weapons production, ...
    (rec.martial-arts)