Re: password problem

Paulo Silva wrote:
hi, currently without an explanation, I forgot the password I create to login
my pc and I only have me as an user. Is there any way to recover it or to
jump over it (like the old "safe mode") to at least access my files in the
harddisk and then if necessary restore all system? Please help me as I
really need to access my files! Many thanks for any input

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode and logging on as Administrator,
if it is XP Home then the Administrator account is blank so just tap
the Enter key, if it is XP Pro then the password will be what you set
it up as when you installed the OS.

Failing this go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and
download the boot
disk, this will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system.

  • Re: nothing works!!!
    ... If you are using XP Home boot into safe mode and log on as ... Administrator account when you installed windows. ... this will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Administrator Not Available
    ... I have attempted the instruction re: starting in safe mode, but, ... The Administrator account exists in Windows XP Home Edition, ... typically appear on the Welcome logon screen. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: administrator problems
    ... what do i do when i get into safe mode and do i use safe mode with command ... Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which ... Administrator's password during installation, but WinXP Home doesn't. ... or have problems because the original owner ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Administrator Not Available
    ... This should work for any version of XP to get into Safe Mode. ... The Administrator account exists in Windows XP Home Edition, ... Edition the Administrator account is not displayed in User Accounts ... opposed to the classic Windows logon interface. ...