Re: After enabling GPO, client pc needs synchronization
- From: "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:50:09 -0500
It sounds like you have offline files available for users. There are several
Group Policy settings for offline files for user and computer including
three for synchronize that you need to review under administrative
templates/network/offline files but make sure you read the full explanation
of each setting before configuring it. The links below explain more.
"David" <David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I recently enabled group policies for my network Win XP comptuers from a
2003 DC. After this, I realized when "some" users try to log on to their
comptuers, the computers have to synchrize the users' mapped network
and then when users try to log off from their accounts, the comptuers have
go through the synchronization process again. Users don't want to work
offline at all time, and don't want to see the synchronization message.
Sometimes when they open their network drives, the drive is completely
I will have to do a manual synchronization before all contents to show up.
I have checked my group policy report a couple times, but I don't see any
settings related to synchronization. Could you shed some lights on this
issue? Thank you.
- Prev by Date: Re: i can not download internet explorer 6
- Next by Date: Re: password problem
- Previous by thread: Remote login user to physical console?
- Next by thread: Re: After enabling GPO, client pc needs synchronization