Re: After enabling GPO, client pc needs synchronization

It sounds like you have offline files available for users. There are several
Group Policy settings for offline files for user and computer including
three for synchronize that you need to review under administrative
templates/network/offline files but make sure you read the full explanation
of each setting before configuring it. The links below explain more.

Steve

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/9dba5df2-0359-4fa4-bdcf-dd6ae5ca345e1033.mspx?mfr=true
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/616ca5d0-cc7e-46c9-b00f-1f926506435c1033.mspx?mfr=true
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/TIP8400/rh8473.htm

"David" <David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello All,

I recently enabled group policies for my network Win XP comptuers from a
Win
2003 DC. After this, I realized when "some" users try to log on to their
comptuers, the computers have to synchrize the users' mapped network
drives,
and then when users try to log off from their accounts, the comptuers have
go through the synchronization process again. Users don't want to work
offline at all time, and don't want to see the synchronization message.
Sometimes when they open their network drives, the drive is completely
blank.
I will have to do a manual synchronization before all contents to show up.

I have checked my group policy report a couple times, but I don't see any
settings related to synchronization. Could you shed some lights on this
issue? Thank you.

-David

  • Re: Synchronizing on log out
    ... Documents and Settings if there is a file test.doc dated 10/10/2005, ... You could certainly take a look at the offline files cache on each ... Shell Folders. ... When users logout synchronization occurs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: After enabling GPO, client pc needs synchronization
    ... its feature to cache user settings, such as Outlook cached email addresses. ... work with roaming profiles but I would say you may want to consider trying ... As far as Group Policy troubleshooting you can use rsop.msc on the client ... these users don't see the synchronization message. ...
  • Re: Synchronizing on log out
    ... You could certainly take a look at the offline files cache on each ... Shell Folders. ... your group policy settings on the server. ... When users logout synchronization occurs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Zire 31 doesnt sync with Entourage
    ... The settings button is only available on ... >> At the bottom of the Entourage conduit window (in HotManager, ... >>> Before you can synchronize with the applications on this handheld ... you must enable synchronization in the Entourage Conduit ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Synchronizing on log out
    ... When users logout synchronization occurs. ... understand the settings on each PC that set this to happen. ... Disable offline file ... and also disable offline files in group policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)