Re: Installing Clean Start Xp

Another thought is to try another keyboard. Possibly F8 does not work on the
keyboard you are using if nothing happens after you press it to accept
ULA. -- Steve

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My guess is that something is not compatible on that computer for XP and
it could be a problem with the mainboard. Sometimes if you wait a while it
may work unless you get a no go message right away. If you still can boot
into the old operating system you could try using winnt32 to check for
upgrade compatibility and it may or may not find the problem. I believe
that path to winnt32 is the \i386 folder on the install disk in your cdrom
drive. You may also want to post in the windowsxp.hardware newsgroup. ---

winnt32 /checkupgradeonly : Checks your computer for upgrade compatibility
with Windows XP

"Mara" <Mara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have had help yesterday with this problem and it worked for two
that I installed XP pro from clean start, but on one computer when I try
install it will not allow me to pass the license agreement, when I try to
F8 it does nothing please let me know if this is something that I can
The computer now is running on the existing Windows and is slow as a

I thanks in advance to the nice soul that would be able to help.

Relevant Pages

  • Help Cannot install windows. Keyboard freezes
    ... Windows will not install, keyboard locks! ... Change the boot priorty to 1.44" FDD, After the system boots and comes to ... FAT32 try to install the OS. ...
  • Re: worm/virus crash, now cannot get to repair console-keyboard freezes
    ... tried a different wired keyboard. ... So I went out and bought a new SATA HD, installed it and tried to get past the corrupted ones so I could reload/repair Windows. ... I cannot get my motherboard to even recognise ANY HDs on the computer. ... as the selection screen, where you choose install, repair, or whatever the ...
  • Re: Tips for installing windows and freeBSD both.. anyone??
    ... "install" because of the recovery partition that resets the system to ... NOT have "Windows" knowledge it may also be complicated to ... "input key" is on the keyboard. ... approach to using a browser is incredibly inefficient. ...
  • Re: XP Setup Trouble
    ... Office Keyboard Function Keys Do Not Work During Setup ... Windows XP - Shell/User ... Protect Your PC! ... | tries to install, it gets to the EULA screen and then the keyboard locks up! ...
  • Re: Spanish characters in Cobol-how to?
    ... If on windows one only has to install the locales (along with the ... keyboard mapping). ... On a *Nix environment it will depend on which one, ...