Re: Installing Clean Start Xp

My guess is that something is not compatible on that computer for XP and it
could be a problem with the mainboard. Sometimes if you wait a while it may
work unless you get a no go message right away. If you still can boot into
the old operating system you could try using winnt32 to check for upgrade
compatibility and it may or may not find the problem. I believe that path to
winnt32 is the \i386 folder on the install disk in your cdrom drive. You may
also want to post in the windowsxp.hardware newsgroup. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/winnt32.mspx?mfr=true

winnt32 /checkupgradeonly : Checks your computer for upgrade compatibility
with Windows XP

"Mara" <Mara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have had help yesterday with this problem and it worked for two computers
that I installed XP pro from clean start, but on one computer when I try
install it will not allow me to pass the license agreement, when I try to
do
F8 it does nothing please let me know if this is something that I can fix.
The computer now is running on the existing Windows and is slow as a
turtle.

I thanks in advance to the nice soul that would be able to help.

  • Re: Trouble installing games for daughter
    ... but most of the "older" games will run perfectly well on Windows XP. ... what Compatibility Mode does is allow the older program to ... After the install, make sure to update the program from the web site of the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: how to test a script for compatibility with different Windows Versions
    ... The only way that I can think of is to install each of this Versions (for ... Is there something like a "emulator" that I could use for compatibility ... no hardware that would support it. ... would support Windows Server 2008. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: WMP does not play any type of video files
    ... There could be a compatibility issue with the system, graphics card, ... clean install) to Windows XP. ... compatibility at a system level;,and often problems like these just go away. ... alt and del does not get rid of the frozen program and Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • RE: Why does Office 97 not work after installing Windows XP SP2?
    ... Why does Office 97 not work after installing Windows XP SP2? ... How to troubleshoot program compatibility issues in Windows XP ... Visit the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site to ... Log off all users except the account that will install the program ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Device or application disabled
    ... >I tried to install my Win 98 Easy CD creator version on my XP pro. ... >probably did not take the time to read the windows compatibility warning ... >"CD recording Software" will cause Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)