Re: Reboot instead of Shutdown

I have never heard or seen a way to do that. What you could do is to remove
shutdown from the start menu via Group Policy or registry edit and then
place a shortcut on the desktop that is a shortcut to a batch file that
restarts the computer with the shutdown -r command. --- Steve

"Lasse" <Lasse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi

I need to change the Shutdown button in Windows XP SP2 so that it reboots
instead.

Please help!

/Lasse

  • Re: Very Urgent !
    ... %windir% ... Use the shortcut to shutdown your machine. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How can I shut down Vista very quickly?
    ... If you wish to learn about other shutdown options ... Vista Shutdown Shortcut ... As many of you probably know, we here at WorldStart have told you how to do that for Windows XP, but we just haven't gotten to it for Vista yet. ...
  • Re: I want log off to = reboot
    ... I do not use the Start Menu to reboot or shutdown. ... Desktop Shutdown Shortcut ... > utilised the native restart. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Vista will not restart
    ... I have the display and sleep settings set to "never". ... From the "Shutdown" shortcut, the system shut down and powered off as expected. ... Place 2 shortcuts on your desktop, one for Restart and one for Shutdown. ...
  • Re: Very Urgent !
    ... managed to create the shorcut bt it still wun shutdown. ... "Wesley Vogel" wrote: ... > Use the shortcut to shutdown your machine. ... > Desktop Reboot Shortcut ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)