Re: Reboot instead of Shutdown

I have never heard or seen a way to do that. What you could do is to remove
shutdown from the start menu via Group Policy or registry edit and then
place a shortcut on the desktop that is a shortcut to a batch file that
restarts the computer with the shutdown -r command. --- Steve

"Lasse" <Lasse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I need to change the Shutdown button in Windows XP SP2 so that it reboots

Please help!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Very Urgent !
    ... %windir% ... Use the shortcut to shutdown your machine. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
  • Re: How can I shut down Vista very quickly?
    ... If you wish to learn about other shutdown options ... Vista Shutdown Shortcut ... As many of you probably know, we here at WorldStart have told you how to do that for Windows XP, but we just haven't gotten to it for Vista yet. ...
  • Re: I want log off to = reboot
    ... I do not use the Start Menu to reboot or shutdown. ... Desktop Shutdown Shortcut ... > utilised the native restart. ...
  • Re: Vista will not restart
    ... I have the display and sleep settings set to "never". ... From the "Shutdown" shortcut, the system shut down and powered off as expected. ... Place 2 shortcuts on your desktop, one for Restart and one for Shutdown. ...
  • Re: I need a fast, minimum of mouse-clicks, power-up and shut-down solution
    ... Make a shortcut with this in the target line: ... That'll shutdown pretty quickly but occaisionally you get the Ending ... > know how to configure the machines so that they avoid this stage altogether ... I know in former OS versions, I could make a a batch file with ...