Re: my computer restarts
- From: "cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user)" <cquirkenews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:53:59 +0200
On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 21:54:01 -0700, Santino
When i go on my computer some times it restarts with out me making it restart
from the start button. I have ran an antispyware scan and a antivirus scan.
What can i do to make my computer not restart auto. Please Help, thanks
For starters (groan... sorry), do this:
- rt-click My Compter, Properties, Advanced tab
- Startup and Recovery section, Settings button
- [_] Automatically Restart (i.e. UNcheck that damnfool setting)
- rt-click My Compter, Manage, Services and Applications
- click into Services, scroll down to Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- double-click RPC, click Recovery tab
- set all "Restart computer" to "Restart the service"
You will still crash, but at least now you can see the BSoD STOP error
text, or know that it is RPC failures that are causing it.
If it's RPC or LSASS errors, then make sure:
- you patch these broken services if XP "gold" or SP1
- you enable the firewall, esp. if XP "gold" or SP1
--------------- ----- ---- --- -- - - -Never turn your back on an installer program
--------------- ----- ---- --- -- - - -.
- Prev by Date: Re: Protectmypc.net
- Next by Date: Re: who is messing with my settings
- Previous by thread: Re: Protectmypc.net
- Next by thread: Re: Creating a password disk