Re: GP not appling to single client and GP core failure

Are there any events in the application log that contain any pertinent info
or anything else indicating major problems. Can the domain controller be
pinged by name an IP address from the computer? -- Steve

"DanielM" <DanielM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On a SBS 2003 Sp1 all clients XP SP2 with latest Hot fixes.
I have one client that refuses to except GP updates and gpresults indicate
the client is experiencing GP core failure.
I tried everything from deleting it from the domain and reentering back
into
the domain. etc.
Can any one help me with this issue?

Daniel

  • Re: Client performance problem windows 2003 server...
    ... In addition, if you have the same problem with non-English client, please ... >Subject: Re: Client performance problem windows 2003 server... ... >>>Deploying Active Directory for Branch Office Environments ... >>>results from not having a domain controller in a particular site. ...
  • Re: Client performance problem windows 2003 server...
    ... there and install an english client to be doing the errorsearching on. ... to the Windows 2000 server in site A that is a English ... >>be a DNS replication issue. ... >>results from not having a domain controller in a particular site. ...
  • Re: AD Site Topology
    ... authenticating with a domain controller in a different physical ... to a GC outside of it's physical location resulting in Outlook ... local infrastrcuture i.e. DC's/F&P but not exchange. ... client side is a good point though although I thought MS improved the ...
  • Re: DNS-AD integration
    ... On the client open a command prompt and type "set". ... I have also set up AD-integrated DNS in both of these servers. ... use the first domain controller ip address. ... It will use DNS Round Robin to resolve it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • RE: How does Windows XP choose the most optimal domain controller?
    ... Finding a Domain Controller in the Closest Site: ... A client computer stores its own site information in the registry, ... If the second query is successful, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)