Re: Write access to Program Files folders

John Franklin wrote:

Many thanks for this, Malke, together with the explanation. I also
needed to change permissions on the share used to connect (or use c$).

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted and thanks for taking the time to
let me know.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: XP expert help needed to autostart program
    ... I went so far as to put the shortcut back into the Startup folder and reboot, then services.msc, etc but still nothing. ... Change permissions on those specific locations/registry keys accordingly. ... Another way to deal with this is to create a Scheduled Task to run the program and set the task to run as Administrator. ... MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Deleting Read-Only Files
    ... You can change permissions after ... Windows XP - Shell/User ... | How can I delete read-only files from my CD-RW? ...