Re: Antivirus deleted synthcore.exe

synthcore.exe is NOT a valid Windows XP system file. If it was on your
computer, it was either placed there during a program installation that you
performed (we have no idea what YOU installed) or it is a malware file, put
there either with your consent or without your consent.

The fact that an antivirus program removed it leads me to believe the latter
is true. The file is now gone, but the total results of the malware being
installed on your computer is still looking for the file (the malware's
"other" components). The file can't be found so a complaint is being
generated.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"HisPowr4U" <HisPowr4U.2afzp3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

My antivirus program (I use several, not at the same time, but I don't
remember which one did it!) deleted synthcore.exe from my computer
after it identified it as a virus, which it apparently isn't. Now I
tried to access a link from a website I got, and it said synthcore.exe
could not be found. Is there any way to get it back? I tried typing in
"download synthcore.exe" on Google, got no results.

--
HisPowr4U

  • Re: Antivirus deleted synthcore.exe
    ... Richard Urban Wrote: ... it was either placed there during a program installation that ... there either with your consent or without your consent. ... My antivirus program (I use several, not at the same time, but I ...
  • SP4 and 8150 PS driver
    ... After updateing computers to SP4 we receive an error. ... "The application or DLL C:\WINNT\system32 ... Please check this against your installation ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • Re: Windows XP Pro install, Service Pack 2??
    ... no fix. ... >> your HD is not a valid Windows XP system image. ... >> error message: ... > rare occasions the installation CD is the problem. ...
  • Re: Installation XP
    ... Dell CD is lost and someone has access to a generic OEM XP installation ... Without a Windows XP Product Key, you cannot activate a valid Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: NEWBIE:HOW INSTALL AN APPLICATION EN WIN CE
    ... "not a valid windows ce ... > Are you trying to create an installation utility or use one created by ... Given the newsgroup, I assume you are trying to create ... >>From VB.Net I get transfer de compact framework to Symbol and my app, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)