Re: Antivirus deleted synthcore.exe

David H. Lipman Wrote:
From: "HisPowr4U" HisPowr4U.2afzp3@xxxxxxxxxxxx

| My antivirus program (I use several, not at the same time, but I
don't
| remember which one did it!) deleted synthcore.exe from my computer
| after it identified it as a virus, which it apparently isn't. Now I
| tried to access a link from a website I got, and it said
synthcore.exe
| could not be found. Is there any way to get it back? I tried typing
in
| "download synthcore.exe" on Google, got no results.
|
| --
| HisPowr4U

Since any malware can be named anything, there is a chance it was
malware.

You didn't post the fully qualified name and path to the executable,
what AV software
detected as malware or what malware it was identified as. This leaves
too many questions
open.

So what make YOU think it wasn't malware becuase what you think is
apparent is NOT apparent
to me and I spend many (way too many) hours studying malware.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

How am I supposed to post all of that information if I don't KNOW any
of it? I said I don't have any idea which program deleted it and I do
not have synthcore.exe on my computer now, so how can I know its "path"
and "fully qualified name"? I only know it is part of a program called
SoundMax. That is all the information I have. I have ewido Security
Suite and Xoftspy on my computer, I think it was one of those that
deleted synthcore.exe. I looked all over the internet, reading about
synthcore.exe and read that it was not a virus nor malware.

--
HisPowr4U

  • Re: Pl Help ME
    ... Which anti - virus shall i install in my system in order to have some good ... Choosing the right antivirus program is a personal exercise. ... Modern antivirus program's are getting very good at checking for malware ...
  • Re: Antivirus deleted synthcore.exe
    ... | My antivirus program (I use several, not at the same time, but I don't ... Since any malware can be named anything, there is a chance it was malware. ... So what make YOU think it wasn't malware becuase what you think is apparent is NOT apparent ...
  • Re: Safe Mode Locked Down
    ... open you mouth and remove all doubt.... ... *I'm* a fool because it's apparent that you don't do much malware ... And it's certainly apparent that you don't because otherwise ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... >> Malware doesn't make arbitrary changes, ... > so data diddlers don't exist? ... is the now extinct Ripper boot virus. ... As to disinfection vs integrity restoration, everything disinfection can do, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: RFC: virus handling
    ... > the virus or the test conducted. ... English speakers where the malware in question was not forged from some ... > their infection and should thereafter be disconnected entirely or ... Connect to open wireless network. ...
    (Bugtraq)