Write access to Program Files folders

I have three XP Pro machines connected as a workgroup (i.e. no domain
controller). I need an administrator to be able to copy files from any one
computer to the Program Fils folders of any other (as well as to be able to
access all other folders).

So far as I can tell the configuration of all 3 computers is the same (and
Program Files folder permissions the same), but although I can copy files
successfully between two of the machines, I cannot do so to the third. I get
an 'access denied' error.

What do I have to do to make all 3 machines fully accessible to an
administrator?

NB: The administrator has an identical account and password on each machine.

John Franklin

  • Re: Is complete home security possible?
    ... >> than an administrator level account, I will an error message on FS98, ... I have a clean disk image made from Norton Ghost, ... >> and I regularly ghost my machines once a month. ... Well, I keep important files on a second hard disk in the NAT Box, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Admin Password change causes problem ?
    ... security of other network attached machines. ... > This is not a Domain, just a group of machines set up as workgroup ... how many had a login with Administrator ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: remote shutdown
    ... Remote computer is on peer network, and I can ping the remote ... Those should work great - if you are a system administrator of the ... Two machines in a workgroup. ...
  • Problem accessing files in one direction between computers in a Windows XP workgroup.
    ... I have two standard Window XP machines. ... For the reverse direction however I can see folders on computer A but cannot ... I am the administrator on both. ... I set file sharing to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Problem connecting two windows XP compiters in a simple workgroup