Re: Adding a user account alongside the Administrator account

Aloha Thomas,

You say you have an Administrator account - this may be a dumb question but...were you logged in with that administrator account at the time?

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

Hello. Is there a way to get WinXP to recognize that it, in fact,
already
has an administrative account called 'Administrator' when I try to add
limited account?
When I try to add a limited account, it comes back and says I need to
add an
account with administrative powers first, even though I already have
one. I
even played WinXP's game and added an administrative account by
another name,
but then the 'Administrator' account became hidden.
I would like to simply add a limited account AND keep/have easy access
to the administrative account called 'Administrator'.

Is this possible? If not, what are some workarounds?

  • Re: Switch user
    ... > Setting correct date will not solve this problem. ... >>> When I clicked on the Administrative Account I cannot type the password ... >>> the password typing space, ... >>> Limited Account and return to the Administrative Account again this ...
  • Re: Administrators
    ... I now have a limited account ... If you have access to another administrative account - you can change it ... CTRL+ALT+DEL twice to get the classic logon. ... If Windows XP Home Edition, boot up in Safe Mode and logon as the above ...
  • Tricky setup
    ... I created a password for my only administrative account (I ... limited account) and did not make a password ... reset disk. ... as I don't frequent newsgroups. ...
  • Re: Switch user
    ... Setting correct date will not solve this problem. ... >> Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having problem. ... >> the password typing space, ...
  • Re: Switch user
    ... Wishy hunted and pecked: ... > Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having problem. ... > the password typing space, ...