Re: Problem Adding a Network Password

I just discovered that MCE won't allow cached credential as well. I
didn't notice for the past year, since I upgraded the first time.
Install MCE 2004 and then install MCE 2005 as an upgrade. Then you will
be able to cache credentials. I hope who ever took this feature out was
fired as this is a great way to have someone look at another media
player. Although I am sure the EU is happy.

Nepatsfan wrote:
In XP Home Edition, the only items I've seen saved there are
related to .NET Passport accounts.

From your original question, it sounds as if you've disabled
Simple File Sharing on your laptop. If you don't want to be
asked to provide credentials every time you try to access
resources on the laptop, you're going to have to create an
account on the laptop which is identical in user name and
password to the account you're using on your Windows XP Home
system.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

90C54022-B5F7-48F4-8B9E-ABDFE07F5C51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
djhampton <djhampton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Begs the question, why is there a Manage my network
passwords Task and associated Stored User Names and
Passwords dialog box?

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

XP Home does not cache network logon credentials, if I
recall correctly.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered
Smart Display\Security

"djhampton" <djhampton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
Using XP Home. Problem when I follow this procedure from
MS:

"How To Manage Stored User Names and Passwords on a
Computer That Is Not in a Domain in Windows XP: Add an
Entry
To manually add a credential: 1. In the Stored User Names
and Passwords dialog box, click Add to open the Logon
Information Properties dialog box."

There is no Add, only Remove and Properties (both greyed
out since there are no entries in the box.

(The reason I am trying to add an entry is to get access
to my XP Pro laptop across my wireless network without
being prompted every time.)

  • Invalid username or password
    ... Overview of Managing Credentials ... How to Manage Stored User Names and Passwords ... logon information is stored with your user account. ...
  • Re: GPO doesnt get processed - USERENV 1030 trouble
    ... 281660 Behavior of stored user names and passwords ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Removing the stored credentials using ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote Web Access Credentials stored where?
    ... > site with another User credentials in your client computer. ... The client in question is not yet joined to the SBS domain. ... Under Advanced is a Manage Passwords button which opens ... I can login as any SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Kerberos error on Windows XP Pro SP2 connecting to a domain resource
    ... Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... DisableDomainCreds to 1 to stop store domain credentials. ... change local passwords on the client. ...
  • Re: hosted exchange - cached password
    ... staffer's recommendation. ... open Outlook without inputting credential. ... credentials item. ... In the "Stored user names and passwords" window, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)