Re: System Activity Logger

What type of activity? Monitoring all system activity would slow down the
computer considerably and create huge huge log files and not be practical.
Try running filemon and regmon from SysInternals for a few minutes to see
what I mean. If you are using XP Pro you can enable more auditing categories
including process tracking, privilege user, and object access to allow
folders/files to be monitored by permission level but it is best to be
selective about what you audit. Auditing policy can be configured in Local
Security Policy and if you decide to increase logging be sure to increase
the size of the security log quite a bit to like at least 20MB. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300549 --- applies
to XP Pro also
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301640

"Mihai Popescu" <m_pop_escu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've found on the net several freeware/shareware programs which can track
down all system activity (including network).

I wonder if there is someting similar in Windows XP; a service and a UI
like Event Viewer, to log all system activity, even when the computer is
idle.

If there is such service, how can I configure it, or start it ? It could
create a log file somewhere? Is that information encrypted or password
protected?

  • J2EE Log File Monitoring Solution
    ... monitor certain log files, extract data based on certain rules, and to ... and then the front-end would format this. ... I may be monitoring the log file from my application server ... extract certain bits of information from it, but with the option to extend ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Favorite Reference
    ... interested in learning more about automating common tasks, monitoring the ... proper services and log files, and generally making the system more user ...
    (RedHat)
  • Apache CODE 200
    ... server in a Cluster. ... I want to implement some monitoring in the system What you ... now I'm working with the log files and I see that when you ... Anyone know if there is som Module or anything to get a diferent CODE in ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • RE: How does it work - SBS2003 Logs
    ... I have actually listed all the log files that Usage ... Report will monitor, E-mail, Fax, Remote Access, and OWA. ... Monitoring log files ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: How does it work - SBS2003 Logs
    ... I have actually listed all the log files that Usage ... Report will monitor, E-mail, Fax, Remote Access, and OWA. ... OWA data is collected from IIS log files. ... Monitoring log files ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)