Re: disabling private folder option from my documents on external

I suggest you post in an Outlook newsgroup for the best way to proceed. I am
almost certain it can be done but I am familiar with Outlook Express. ---
Steve

"roland hellel" <rolandhellel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Many thanks Steven. I have 1 more problem though...I have a lot of emails
and
contatcs in outlook 2003 on the external harddisk, what software can i use
extract them? Many thanks again. Roland

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

Sure. Logon as administrator and change permissions to what you want it
be. If you can not do that you will first need to take ownership of those
folders being sure to select the option to replace owner on subcontainers
and objects. The owner of a folder/file can change permissions even if
they
currently have no permissions. The links below explain more on how to
take
ownership and change permissions. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

"roland hellel" <roland hellel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
I have an external harddisk that has windowsxp media center 2002
installed
on
it and has the My Documents folder set to Private. My PC has installed
on
it
windows xp home edition. Is there any way that i break through the
security
on the external harddisk to retrieve my documents? Any sort of help
would
be
greatly appreciated.

  • Re: Outlook Express
    ... When I open Outlook my address book is ... > there but folders lost. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, Microsoft has now set OE to block all attachments. ... If you choose to adjust OE to allow attachments, make sure you save the attachment to disk first and then scan it with your antivirus software. ...
  • Re: OE6 Inbox Folders Wont Display
    ... > my folders are not displayed when I use OE. ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...
  • Re: Outlook Express 6.0 problems
    ... you would like to recover your message. ... Stage 2 is to import the folders into the new identity. ... Messages, Microsoft Outlook Express 6, Main Identity, etc. ... Outlook Express opens, however, it will not allow me ...
  • Re: Problem with Send using Outlook Express 6
    ... it was as slow as Outlook ... Do a Custom Installation and under Resident Protection, uncheck: ... Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | Folder Options ... Compact often as specified above. ...
  • Re: OE6 on one computer to a different computer with Vista and Outlook 2007 - Steps?
    ... 'Outlook 2007 File Locations' ... Explorer and select *Show hidden files and folders*. ... Vista replaces Documents and Settings folder path with a Users path. ... backup .pst file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)