Re: Interactive Logon

Make the change manually.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"MidnightTwink" <MidnightTwink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D461D62E-8F21-4E72-B19F-382D335A3BEB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to disable the "remember last user logged on" in xp pro. I know
I have to go into the Local Security Policy in the administrative tools in
the control panel. Put as soon as I open up "Local Security Policy" i get a
message saying MMC Could not create the snap-in. It opens the Local Security
Policy window, but nothing is displayed in the right pane of the
window....just the snap in error message. Please help.

  • Re: In my case it was Vistas LGPO settings
    ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart ... I immediately went to Local Computer Policy - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policy - Security Options. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows Firewall starting error - the cause ?
    ... Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject ... Save the above as a VB Script file and push it out as a RunOnce Policy for all computers. ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ...
  • Re: ERD bootable cd , and no security in windows
    ... State that violation of the policy is subject to disciplinary action, ... If the PC's support it, disable the boot menu that allows the user to choose a boot device. ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... your windows and you can change local administrator password very very easy .. ...
  • Re: Local GPO
    ... When you look at the local security policy on a member what you see are the ... Preferences are settings in the registry that are not ... > to use the Default Domain Controllers Policy linked to the Domain ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: HELP!!! Unable to logon to Server 2000
    ... Any domain or Organizational Unit Group Policy that is enabled will override ... Local Security Policy defined settings assuming everything is configured ... Security Policy and that will override the Local Security Policy for those ... I would first double check the Domain Controller Security ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)