xp sp2 firewall issues

I'm enforcing the enableing of the ics firewall in xp sp2 via GPOs and
adding exceptions to specific applications also via GPO. However, some
workstations are not getting these settings (also, it seems like the
ones not getting the settings also don't get the IE proxy settings from
the GPO as well). Anyone know what might be causing this?

  • Re: Loopback processing, roaming profiles, folder redirection for domain-member laptops
    ... I suggest not mixing Computer Settings and User Settings in the same GPO - this restricts your flexibility and can be confusing ... if you put the laptops' user accounts into a seperate OU from the desktops, then you can use loopback processing to apply different User Configuration settings to the laptops and desktops if you also seperate out the settings you want to be different into seperate GPOs ... User Configuration, Network, Offline Files, "Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline" prevents that from happening BEFORE redirecting any folders - its not retro active. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Linking OUs to GPO
    ... to create a "Workstations" OU of some sort (and then break this down into ... distributing 30 seperate applications using Intellimirror... ... I believe MS recommends staying away from more than three ... > object there the GPO is linked and then create child OUs. ...
  • RE: Propagating the Pop-Up Blocker List
    ... Under XP SP2, you can add to the allow list for the built- ... I have found this option within the GPO ... How do you get these settings into the GPO Policy on the ... server so that they are pushed to the workstations. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: RE: loopback group policy
    ... merges the settings on the Computer GPO with the Users GPO ... all explicit in the Help Section of the Loopback GPO) ... GPO's then it will still affect any workstations below it. ...
  • Re: Loopback processing, roaming profiles, folder redirection for domain-member laptops
    ... I suggest not mixing Computer Settings and User ... Settings in the same GPO - this restricts your flexibility and can be ... Configuration settings to the laptops and desktops if you also ... User Configuration, Network, Offline Files, "Do not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)