How can I restore deleted AVI files?

A neighbour of mine has accidentally deleted some AVI files. They are not
in the recycle bin. He has downloaded various freeware undelete programs
but when he runs them in order to restore they require payment. He doesn't
mind paying but these have been rather expensive. Does anyone know of a
good FREE utility that he can download?

Thanks

  • Re: ref.recycle bin
    ... The application empties the recycle bin silently & no confirmation & updates ... The above will show you how to configure it so if you want you can download ... icon has changed. ... you could look in C drive with system files visible ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why? Whaaa haaaaa whyyyyy?
    ... change that setting after redownloading the tool and end up losing a ... you can always go to your recycle bin and undelete those files ... rather than hunt for the download again. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: ref.recycle bin
    ... "Newbie Coder" wrote: ... The above code will change the icon to the default recycle bin icon once ... The application empties the recycle bin silently & no confirmation & updates ... To download the file attached you need to be using Outlook Express as your ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Folder stuck in recycle bin
    ... In the process WinZip asked me to create a new folder to ... I named the new folder "VOCABERSE" for ... folder named DOWNLOADS I ... But the next time I tried to empty the recycle bin in Windows the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why? Whaaa haaaaa whyyyyy?
    ... big fileset you wanted to keep, hadn't gotten around to archiving to ... you can always go to your recycle bin and undelete those files ... rather than hunt for the download again. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)