Re: gpedit.msc and the Guest Account

The best thing to do is disable the guest account so that it can not be
used. -- Steve

"prince1142003" <prince1142003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I need to disable certain features that the Guest account in Windows XP
allows. The features needed reside in gpedit.msc. So how do I go about
doing
this? I tried making the guest account an administrator, but it didn't
work.
As soon as I changed it back to a guest account, the settings were lost.

So I guess my question would be: is there any way to let the Guest account
access gpedit.msc and then later disable that access?

  • Re: Anonymous (NULL user) access to a Share
    ... > Type in the name of the share and hit apply [hit enter first to go to next ... >> You call it odd, I call it broken, pOtato, potAto. ... my goal is to get it to work with the Guest Account ... >> Steve, did you get this to work? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Why is login required to new PC on network?
    ... Thanks for the helpful post Steve. ... >>>uses the Guest account for all access over the network, ... Enter this command to enable the Guest account for networked ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to clean the Guest account
    ... under security services panel I went to the Guest account ... result is Guest account is now clean and my machine runs like it is intended. ... "Steve N." ... >>>with all said I have carefully removed 2054 derilect entries from all users ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hidden share $
    ... The guest account is disabled on that local PC. ... The Administrators Group on that PC has Everyone in that group. ... --- Steve ... >> From My Network Places I am able to navigate to any workstation on the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Log anonymous share access
    ... Why don't you configure the share so that only authorized users/groups can ... unlikely] or the guest account is enabled. ... The hidden C$ share is for access only by administrators if ... --- Steve ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)