Re: can you monitor a guest account?

You can check the security log using Event Viewer to see when a user logs
onto and off of the computer via logon events. It is more difficult to
monitor what programs he access and internet activity. Event though much of
that can be done in XP Pro you would probably be best off using a program
like CyberSitter to manage such. Most internet routers and software
firewalls will also log at least some activity which can give you and idea
of what is being done on the internet. --- Steve

http://www.cybersitter.com/

"Next Stop CSU" <NextStopCSU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a roommate who uses my computer on my guest account. I let him use
it
asking him to keep his time under two hours. I am positive he is abusing
his
priviledges and was wondering if there is any way to monitor his time on
the
account, what programs he accesses and his internet activity? Thanks.

  • RE: Remote monitoring
    ... are you looking for internet activity only or something else? ... but I think windows has similar apps. ... If you're looking to monitor workstation to server activity you can use ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: monitoring
    ... You can monitor the internet activity using the firewall, if you have ISA ... server installed within the active directory and with this we can log the ...
  • Re: Monitoring Internet Activity
    ... > the internet activity generated from, and to, my computer. ... I use ZAF ... Maybe you're using the freebie ZAF so it doesn't include logfiles (i.e., ... could use a packet sniffer, like Ethereal, to monitor all the traffic ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Internet Monitoring Software
    ... I have a customer looking to monitor the internet activity for all users. ... What they want is to be able to see screen captures of the sites that they are visiting. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Internet Monitoring Software
    ... On Wednesday, 28 November 2007 03:18:35 UTC, KB wrote: ... I have a customer looking to monitor the internet activity for all users. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)