Re: administrator password

cevin wrote:
i bought a pc used and i cant log on because i dont have the
administrator password how can i find it or reset it or bypass it

Format and reinstall..
You don't want whatever the last owner may have left around.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: editing XPs Registrant Information
    ... users of average skills, you should, at the very least, format the ... hard drive and reinstall only the OS and those applications whose ... > owner can enter his information. ...
  • Re: Manditory key change
    ... I have to format and reinstall the OS. ... I have to track down the owner's key and said owner is ... Is there a way I can do the install using a "temporary" key to finish ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: DCOM conflict with Updates???
    ... Windows driver update and SiS chipsets? ... problem that hasnt been fixed by a complete format and reinstall. ... and then began a reboot (note that the bluescreen ...
  • Re: Scrubbing Windows XP PCs
    ... average skills, you should, at the very least, format the hard drive. ... You can then reinstall WinXP and any applications that are ... All anyone else has to do is unformat the ... standards for securely cleaning surplus unclassified hard drives, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Crash Monitor
    ... Subject: Crash Monitor ... Just do a full format & reinstall. ... Virus protection up to date? ...
    (Security-Basics)