Re: KB905474 Genuine Advantage Notification
- From: "Larry Samuels" <larry@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:18:11 -0400
You should not see anything unless the validation tool thinks the install of
Windows is not legit. In that case it will pop up a message informing you
there is a problem and offer methods of acquiring genuine software.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates
Larry Samuels Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
Expert Zone- www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
"AliceZ" <AliceZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
We downloaded the KB905474 Genuine Advantage Notification critical update
today and wonder if we are supposed to see anything after the
The program did download, install and then we were advised to restart the
computer - which we did. But we never saw any pop-up notification about
whether our Windows program was 'genuine,' etc.
Were we supposed to see anything? Are we supposed to check some place else
(similar to KB890830)?
Please advise and thank you.
- Prev by Date: Registry tweak to prevent computer not going into screen saver morde by shiffting mouse
- Next by Date: Re: Computer is infected, can't stop pop-ups
- Previous by thread: Registry tweak to prevent computer not going into screen saver morde by shiffting mouse
- Next by thread: Re: KB905474 Genuine Advantage Notification