Re: Get "not valid Win32 app" when trying to install SP2

You Package is corrupted! You have to burn the files without zipping it to a
CD-R ou removable disc or use a WIN XP SP2 CD.
Or try to burn the zipped file again and test ir.

"Thota Umesh" <thotaumesh@xxxxxxx> escreveu na mensagem
the packager is corrupt! u can try to unzip the files with winrar they
will get extracted then install.

"Evan_in_SD" <EvaninSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I just did a repair re-install of WinXP OEM version. I have SP2 on CD,
downloaded by a friend who had DSL. When I click on the .EXE file, I get
message that the file is not a valid WIN32 app. Same message when I try
install from another disk. I had previously successfully installed the
SP2.
When I analyze the file in Avast! anti-virus, it indicates the contents
correctly and when I right-click on the file, Windows gives me all of the
info. So the file isn't corrupt. So, why isn't it installing? Does it
have to
be in a certain directory on my hard drive?

Help! All replies in unerstandable human language appreciated!

  • Re: Still cannot instal sp2
    ... > the windows site that I have downloaded are supposedly corrupt. ... > update xp so that I can install some important updates to software I ... the SP2 CD is from microsoft and the other files ... Troubleshooting SP2 for Windows XP ...
  • Re: DVD writing speed
    ... > only burn at 2.4x. ... On Wed I installed SP2. ... DVD writing or the SP2 uninstall isn't restoring my system to a true ... and when they didn't except install SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Installing SP2
    ... the registry is corrupt. ... How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install ... The best solution to this problem is to reinstall ... | to reinstall SP2 I get the same error. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: installing SP2
    ... the registry is corrupt. ... How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install ... The best solution to this problem is to reinstall ... | to reinstall SP2 I get the same error. ...
  • Re: DVD writing speed
    ... >> only burn at 2.4x. ... >install Windows XP SP2 earlier on Wed. ... >DVD writing or the SP2 uninstall isn't restoring my ... >and when they didn't except install SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)