Password protecting/encrypting files & folders

Is it possible to password protect or encrypt folders? I am trying to
prevent someone logged on as a guest to view certain files on the D: drive.
I have Windows XP home and have the NTFS file system. I tried the program in
this thread http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41119,
but it failed to install. I heard there is a file/folder encryption built
into Windows, but haven't figgured it out. Any suggestions?

  • Re: [RE: Best way to encrypt folders that are used often?]
    ... this WinPT uses the GNU Privacy Guard, because it's a widlely and free utility ... common commands for en- and decryption, key transport with the clipboard and ... Have you tried using the built in File Encryption in Windows 2000. ... Best way to encrypt folders that are used often? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Decrypted file corrupted (EFS).
    ... includes several encrypt folders originally. ... exported all Certificates from XP Laptop to my desktop (Win2000 ... pro) and decrypted during fresh windows XP installation process on ...
  • RE: Best way to encrypt folders that are used often?
    ... Have you tried using the built in File Encryption in Windows 2000. ... NTFS for the file system ... Best way to encrypt folders that are used often? ... Is there a better way to secure a directory tree on a Windows 2000 ...
    (Security-Basics)