- From: "Thota Umesh" <thotaumesh@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:11:15 +0530
Hii, Security more in practice results better protection rather than just
tools and softwares.
First a good antivirus, antispyware & firewall (inc. in sp2)
www.windowsonecare.com (ms antivirus)
www.freeav.com (avera antivir)
& most important keep your operataing system upto date with patches and
updates (automatic update feature recommended)
Browsing: donot accept unsigned activx components on webpages dont install
just any browser helper object if u want to use toolbars install msn or
google. check internet options > security default level and custom level for
more security. use an antipishing addin to alert u if u are browsing any
spoofed site (present in msn adins) scan ur attachments before download and
install using a low priviliged account for general uses acts as a shield to
ur system as infections cant effect major systems components like registry
etc., think this shd keep ur system with good security.
10 Immutable Laws of Security:
Security Checklists and Resource Guides:
Hope this helps...,
"Kadeem" <Kadeem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
How do I get better security for Windows XP?
- Prev by Date: Admin does not see user account, can't get back in user account, HELP!!!
- Next by Date: Re: xp security issue
- Previous by thread: Re: Security
- Next by thread: Re: Users not able to start the Local Area Connection