Re: Network problems 2

Apparently simple file sharing is disabled on the XP Pro computers so you
need to make sure that you have user accounts on the XP Pro computer that
match what you are logging onto the XP Home computers [name and password]
and the user accounts must have passwords. As far as XP Pro computer trying
to access the XP Home computers you need to make sure that the share and
folder/NTFS permissions include "everyone" and then access should be
granted. The links below explain more on setting folder permissions and file
sharing. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm --- Simple
file sharing info
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=fd7fd48d-6b4a-448e-a632-076f98a351a2&DisplayLang=en
--- white paper on file shaing troubleshooting

"Erwin" <Erwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi, I am having problems with my home network. I have a small peer to peer
network of around four computers but two of them are out of action, the
other
two run on Xp home and professional with both of them updated with service
packs. The problem i am having is that I can't access either computers
shared
files. When trying to open the Professional system from the home system a
password box comes up. I have tried all my passwords but nothing works.
The
other one is when i try to access the home from the professional system i
get
an error message saying i don't have permission to access it. If anybody
has
any ideas it would be a great help cause i have tried everything i can
think
of (which is not that much). Thanks in advance

  • Re: Another Network Problem
    ... I have completed the create new network wizard on both computers - although on the desktop I had a print spooler error which meand I had to turn the spooler off. ... I have gone into the control panel and user accounts and turned guests on. ... You say there are no firewalls. ... If you need Pro's ability to set fine-grained permissions, turn off Simple File Sharing and create identical user accounts/passwords on all computers. ...
  • Re: workgroup networking - cant trigger login box with sfs disabled
    ... The conventional way to do this is to create multiple user accounts on the ... to log onto other computers, and permissions are assigned to those accounts ... router and currently have simple file sharing enabled and all are on the ...
  • Re: view workgroup computers--workaround
    ... > Are your XP computers running Simple, ... > uses the Guest account, as a backup to a matching non-Guest account with ... > On XP Home, and on XP Pro with Simple File Sharing enabled, make sure that the ... > Have you used the Registry Editor before? ...
  • Re: Sharing files while Im connected to dorm network
    ... I have both computers in the same workgroup. ... This is most commonly caused by a misconfigured firewall. ... Network Setup Wizard on all computers, making sure to enable File & ... Simple File Sharing and create identical user ...
  • Re: File sharing disabled
    ... the "shortcut to WKS2 moved files.lnk" refers to is unavialable. ... Network Neighborhood on WKS 1. ... Three computers, two desktops, one laptop. ... >>to configure file sharing in Windows XP) with the following result: ...