Re: I can't turn on the windows firewall

also make sure the windows firewall and ics service is started in services
manager.
Jon

"Ron Martell" <ron.martell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Mee young <Mee young@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The firewall was suddenly turned off so I tried to turn on using "enble
now"
button in recommendation. However, it did not work. When I went to control
panel and click windows firewall, the following message came out.
" Windows Firewall settings cannot be displaced because the associated
service is not running. Do you want to start the windows Firewall/Internet
Connection Sharing service?" When I clicked "yes", it did not start
running.
I have windows XP service pack 2 installed. I do not understand why I
can't
turn it on.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2
Article ID : 875357
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=875357

You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP Service
Pack 2
Article ID : 892199
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=892199

The Windows Firewall service in Windows XP Service Pack 2, in Windows
XP Professional x64 Edition, in Windows Server 2003 SP1, and in
x64-based versions of Windows Server 2003 cannot start if the DCOM
Process Launcher Service is disabled
Article ID : 892504
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=892504

Good luck