Re: I can't turn on the windows firewall

also make sure the windows firewall and ics service is started in services
manager.
Jon

"Ron Martell" <ron.martell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Mee young <Mee young@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The firewall was suddenly turned off so I tried to turn on using "enble
now"
button in recommendation. However, it did not work. When I went to control
panel and click windows firewall, the following message came out.
" Windows Firewall settings cannot be displaced because the associated
service is not running. Do you want to start the windows Firewall/Internet
Connection Sharing service?" When I clicked "yes", it did not start
running.
I have windows XP service pack 2 installed. I do not understand why I
can't
turn it on.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2
Article ID : 875357
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=875357

You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP Service
Pack 2
Article ID : 892199
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=892199

The Windows Firewall service in Windows XP Service Pack 2, in Windows
XP Professional x64 Edition, in Windows Server 2003 SP1, and in
x64-based versions of Windows Server 2003 cannot start if the DCOM
Process Launcher Service is disabled
Article ID : 892504
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=892504

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

  • RE: sp2 full stop blue screen
    ... before the service pack was installedthe programs were correctly ... configured to access the internet through the latest version of ZoneAlarm ... the existing software firewall remained constant, so the new windows firewall ... > No further details are given but a full memory dump occurs. ...
  • Re: Publisher could not save the file to the web....
    ... Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2: ... Like I said, I am guessing here. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • RE: Help! Windows Firewall Wont work!!
    ... and then the computer said that the windows firewall ICS ... service pack 2, ... Short of reinstalling windows, does anybody have a ...
  • Re: SP2 and networked printers
    ... print just because he installed a Service Pack. ... > Most likely you need to open some ports in the Windows Firewall. ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Clients not able to connect to server
    ... solution besides removing the service Pack? ... "Bob Dahdaleh" wrote: ... > I have installed a new SBS2003 premium server with all the SP's and patches. ... > Windows Firewall cannot run because another program or service is running ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)