"David H. Lipman" wrote:

From: "wendy" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Help!!!!!! from the subject line you can see my problem. She unistalled the
| game and some kind of typing program that they have at school. I did a search
| and of course found two pages of garbage still on computer how do i get rid
| of it once and for all.
| Yes I have done an ewido scan, spybot, adaware, and spyware scans.
| in advance thank you for your help.
| wendy

If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0,
then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE
Version 5.0. There are vulnerabilities in them and they are actively being exploited.
It is possible that is how you got infected with malware.

Therefore, it is highly suggested that if there are any prior versions of Sun Java
to Version 5 on the PC that they be removed and Sun Java JRE Version 5.0 Update 6
be installed ASAP.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

For non-viral malware...

Please download, install and update the following software...

* Ad-aware SE v1.06
http://www.lavasoft.de/
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

* SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.4
http://security.kolla.de/

After the software is updated, I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode.

I also suggest downloading, installing and updating BHODemon for any Browser Helper Objects
that may be on the PC.

* BHODemon

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=3550&file=11&evp=245a87539eea8ed6904332b4b8b8442d

For viral malware...

* Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Homepage keeps resetting itself
    ... > Is there some sort of idiots method, i.e. download an *.exe, run it, ... >>>difficult CWS parasite variants to remove. ... >>>using a malware provider's uninstall, ... >>>All of these removal tools should be run from Safe mode when possible. ...
  • Re: No Desktop, No icons, No START, No Taskbar
    ... I backed-up onto a 100gb Maxtor remote, reinstalled XP Pro SP2, downloaded ... Download SP2 ... MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ... I've tried to scan in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: SP2 update hung -did not complete
    ... new installation of SP2. ... You can delete this in safe mode if you wish. ... or the download damaged or corrupted partially by any means it can show you ... that he installation a failure, but still the SP2 can function on your ...
  • Re: Problems with RPC, networks and possible virus
    ... Scanned a downloaded file and no virus ... | works fine but if i try the modem with ethernet, the connections still ... I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode. ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: SP2 update hung -did not complete
    ... let me delete them--won't that be a risk to the new installation if I can't ... safe mode as other applications won't be running in safe mode. ... new installation of SP2. ... or the download damaged or corrupted partially by any means it can show you ...