Re: Does OneCare need ZoneAlarm?

Uninstall ZoneAlarm if you are running OneCare.
Having two firewalls may cause conflicts and other issues.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"cloud36" wrote:

| After removing completetly McAffee (annoying reminder pop-ups) and reduced
| Spysweeper to only scan once a week otherwise shut off, OneCare and ZoneAlarm
| are my loyal gate keepers.
| But I noticed that almost at the same time OneCare firewall pop-up informs
| me about a program accessing the web, also ZoneAlarm pop-up appears.
| => Would anyone recommend to keep both programs?

  • Re: Personal firewalls question (for Windows)
    ... I would personally recommend against the free version of ZoneAlarm. ... my not so humble opinion, you get what you pay for;) As I work in an ... For genuine protection from malware, ... interact with a range of firewalls, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Cant View Workgroups on One PC
    ... >ZoneAlarm configuration problem found and corrected. ... This unblocked Port 135. ... many thanks, Chuck. ... Forgotten and misconfigured firewalls, as I note in other places, is such a ...
  • Re: [Error number: 0x80072EFD] auto update wont work
    ... I have ZoneAlarm configured to keep certain MS dlls/apps from ... and disable ZoneAlarm before running WindowsUpdate to let them talk as ... dlls/apps from accessing the internet then even after you disable ... connections to the internet that rely entirely on personal firewalls ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Do I really NEED a firewall??
    ... >> unwanted connection attempts. ... Call me a retarded hacker all you want, but I don't agree that personal ... firewalls are as vital as many people apparently think they are. ... ZoneAlarm tells him 10-15 times a day that someone is cracking into ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall router and Zonealarm
    ... > Is it possible and wise to use both firewalls simultaneously (I need ... > the NAT feature)? ... > Can ZoneAlarm still catch incoming unauthorized ... No - they all get blocked by the SMC then. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)