Re: +++ How to grant ReadOnly for users on Registry +++

To assign permissions to a registry key
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regedit_permit_key.mspx

To assign special access to a registry key
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regedit_assign_specacc.mspx

To grant Full Control of a registry key
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regedit_yield_own.mspx

To add users or groups to the audit list
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regedit_audit_key_adduser.mspx

To add users or groups to the Permissions list
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regedit_permit_key_adduser.mspx

To remove a user or group from the Permissions list
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regedit_permit_key_remove.mspx

To take ownership of a registry key
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regedit_take_own.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:83CA6F93-F993-411E-93AB-4E84B628478F@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Ian <Ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
I need to limit one user on a PC not able to change Registry by using
Regedit but he can read it.

Thanks.

  • Re: Cant delete registry key
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... changed permissions. ... To grant Full Control of a registry key ... Click the key to which you want to grant Full Control. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Registry Keys
    ... particular registry key on the local machine: ... Click the key to which you want to assign permissions. ... To grant the user permission to read the key contents but not to save any ... Assign permissions to a registry key ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • RE: Constant w3wp.exe and webengine.dll errors
    ... Grant NETWORK SERVICE the necessary permissions to access the ... the permissions on the registry key may be reset. ... To grant NETWORK SERVICE the necessary permissions to access the ASP.NET ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant delete registry key
    ... Yes -- I have full permissions ... Click the key you want to take ownership of. ... To grant Full Control of a registry key ... Click the key to which you want to grant Full Control. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Registry Keys
    ... I need to grant Domain Users access to a registry key in order a program we ... Click the key to which you want to assign permissions. ... > Microsoft Online Partner Support ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)