Re: Software Installation

Shingooooo wrote:

The user already be power user
but some program still need administrator to install
how can i solve that

You must contact the maker of the program and ask them what permissions
needs to be changed for their specific software. See this article by
MVP Rick Rogers for more details:

http://www.rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... All these functions should be under the control of the system administrator. ... > idea of contacting your network consultant to install software probably ... > could install software. ... Windows 9x was notoriously unstable and fragile. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... that evil IT guy-- the party pooper who runs his network with an iron fist. ... > been made members of the 'local administrator' group. ... >> idea of contacting your network consultant to install software probably ... >> could install software. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • SP2 - Access Denied error when installing software
    ... we'll repair Windows and then install SP2. ... > Okay here's what I've found in the registry looking at the permissions in the ... So I added my account and "Users " groups. ... > By the way I did all this from safe mode under the "Administrator" account. ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: Question on XP network security
    ... the user has administrator rights. ... >necessary privileges on his/her own workstation, ... have you considered using SMS to install apps remotely? ...
  • Re: No boot and no administrator password!
    ... You'll need a new partition, ... file ownership and permissions supersede administrator rights. ... > I cannot do a clean install and lose all my data knowing> that there is an 'unconventional' way past this problem. ... Boot the system, start> tapping F8, when>>the menu appears, select "Last Known Good Configuration,"> press enter and>>see if that resolves it. ...