Re: Run Internet Explorer with dial-up connection

Can you do what you need to from a domain computer but logged onto the
computer as a local user account instead of a domain account? If so it
sounds like you have some sort of Group Policy "user configuration"
restriction and you can run rsop.msc on the XP Pro computer to examine what
Group Policy settings are being applied to see if you can determine which
ones may be problematic. What exactly are you experiencing while logged onto
the domain in regards to IE failure? I would suggest that you also look in
the logs of the computer via Event viewer to see if anything is recorded
there that may be of help. --- Steve

"Jorge Ferreira" <Jorge Ferreira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello experts,

I installed a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and configured the GPO
for the netword (It's not so big so i created one GPO for the entire
Domain).
The problem is that i can't connect internet explorer from my computer
using
a dial-up connection if i'm under the domain. To use it i have to leave
the
domain and them make my connection. The problem is that i have to connect
mysqlf to this site that uses only this connection (VPN) aproximatelly
twice
a week. I already tried to connect and the connection works. I tried to
"ping" the site from cmd shell and it works; only the Internet Explorer
doesn't work with another connection but the default, and this site must
be
adressed from IE.
I think it is something in my GPO settings that is stopping the IE from
running with this connection, because once i'm out of the domain
everything
works.
Can someone help me?

Regards,

  • Re: VPN or not to VPN SBS to external pcs?
    ... You need to use the credentials of a local user account of that XP box ... I am able to connect to the remote Xp computer from my SBS box and I can ... This is so frustrating because i can make the connection I am using a ... I have been able to get a VPN connection from an Xp client on the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Simple question about security setup....
    ... You can create a local user account on the sqlserver machine for the remote ... Then it's just a matter of granting access to the local user account. ... "the user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" from my ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Outlook Express starts by itself
    ... There are also other areas, that MSCONFIG, does not show that are ... None of the scheduled tasks in the Control Panel include OE. ... I looked in the "Add / Remove Programs" list for connection ... If you just start Internet Explorer and it then ...
  • Re: Grrrrr! Link and graphics problems ...
    ... issues my best guess is that at your home your connection ... On my home computer, on Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, it ... Support on Macs and non IE browsers ... >enough for the site to fully load. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Link in event viewer shows nothing in Help and Support Center
    ... It is my understanding that Internet Explorer and Outlook Express do ... Thus if both are offline and you change Outlook Express ... connection for perhaps five or ten minutes. ...