Re: Sun jre vaulnerbility prior to 1.5?
- From: "jg" <junk@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:35:38 -0700
"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
if that is that case, there is a major exposure from an major vendor ofHi,
switches and routers. They use sun jre 1.4x to control their devices,
even last time I install some new product in Dec.
I thought it is the ms jre or java vm that is vulnerable.
would someone please direct me the details of Sun JRE vulnerability ?
Their 1.5x is often something B like Beta version and does not work with
applet with links to different parts of a html closing the applet.
Furthermore, there are government distributed applications using JRE
older than 1.5
Sun have released updated versions of both 1.4.x and 1.3.x to fix the
latest discovered vulnerabilities (you will need to uninstall all older
versions of 1.4.x and 1.3.x yourself).
More about this here:
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
- Prev by Date: Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Firewall settings
- Next by Date: Re: IPSECCMD Error 0x5
- Previous by thread: Re: Sun jre vaulnerbility prior to 1.5?
- Next by thread: Re: Privacy-restricting cookie sites doesn't work