Re: Symantec: Which should come first... the chicken or the egg...

perstare@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I want to install Norton Internet Security 2006. I also want to install
Norton Systemworks 2006.
Which one should I install first?
Who can help me with this question?
I have spent a great deal of time on the Symantec site and found NO
answer to this question. I think I've the sequence right except the the
question above.
1. Uninstall Go back (v 3.60.211), NIS 2005 and then NSW 2004.
2. Check to see if Registry still shows entry for Go Back. If so,
delete it.
3. Then Install, if I can find out the answer above.

Thank you.

Installing a Norton/Symantec product is equivalent to tying a 2 ton
concrete block to the back bumper of your car.

There are alternative products which provide comparable or better
protection, do not degrade system performance as much, and are not so
shoddily programmed that they need supplementary uninstaller programs
in order to remove them from your computer.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

  • Re: Stop error message:Stop 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF5F93C50, 0x
    ... You only have 64 mb RAM not 512 mb RAM. ... I would try removing Norton SystemWorks 2000 if you can? ... How far did you get with installing Windows XP updates? ... Why did you install "Norton SystemWorks 2000"? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Hard Drive Full Error Message
    ... Disable the Norton protected disk, ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... I do have Norton Systemworks and Ghost running. ... install any programs or upload music, etc., stating my disk is full to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Symantec: Which should come first... the chicken or the egg...
    ... And another Norton basher pounces..... ... Norton Systemworks 2006. ... Then Install, if I can find out the answer above. ... On-Line Help Computer Service ...
  • Re: Startup Crashes
    ... a fresh install of XP. ... Windows XP Setup CD, and restart your computer. ... I'd disable GoBack. ... I recently upgraded to Norton Systemworks 2006 and Logitech Setpoint 2.60. ...
  • Re: Cannot keep puter error free
    ... I was also having several other symptoms i ... I tried installing Norton. ... couldn't even get That one to fully install. ... I tried to install Norton SystemWorks ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)