Re: Desktop Policies

Ah, ok.
You can give the right to change system time to ordinary users using local
security policy.
Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Change
the System Time

You can also try with mandatory user profiles, but it is a lot of work,
especially if your machines are not domain members.
More about man profiles:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800&sd=tech

"Luiz" <Luiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

The ordinary users needs administrator privileges because they change the
time settings, but we are trying to implement a policie to restrict
desktop
shortcuts to be deleted.

Thanks,

"bagins" escreveu:

Hi, Luiz,
Microsoft documents will explain that ordinary users should not log in as
administrators.
If you are administrator, you have absolute power over your machine. You
can
delete files, format drives and do other potentially dangerous things.
Users should log in as ordinary users, nothing more.

"Luiz" <Luiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I would like to know on windows xp based computers how to avoid ordinary
users with local administrator privileges from deleting desktop
shortcuts
(ex. shortcut to word document) created by local administrators
users).

Palataform: Windows XP
Network: Novell
Drive C (location where Windows XP is installed): FAT32
Drive G (location where the files are located): Novell - The files are
located in a folder with read only privileges.

The ordinary users log on XP workstations with administrator
privileges.

Is there a Microsoft document explaining how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

.