Re: Xp Home Key On Xp Pro

coleas wrote:
Can I use a XP home key on a XP pro installation ?

I originally have xp home installed (which has a legal key) but I
needed to install xp pro to get a network configured.

the xp pro key I used was a corporate key that is banned by
micro$oft.

can I replace the banned key with the legal xp home key without
breaking xp pro ?

No.
Buy Pro.
(So you have to join a domain?)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Xp Home Key On Xp Pro
    ... Can I use a XP home key on a XP pro installation? ... I originally have xp home installed (which has a legal key) but I ...
  • Re: Making XP Pro Legal again
    ... Perform a Repair Installation using the legal key and CD: ... Jupiter Jones [MVP] ... "SteveF" wrote in message ... >I have discovered that my version of XP Pro is not legal. ...
  • Win XP Key
    ... I have a bad copy of XP Pro and I would like to insert a ... new and legal key. ... reload the OS and insert the new key, ... I've searched the knowledge base and found no ...