Re: Allow "Users" group to create or disconnect a Local Area Connectio

Put the user in the Network Configuration Operators group.

"vasilemj" <vasilemj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
How can I setup my computer so that I can give the "users" group the
ability
to create or disable a local area connection?

I just reconfigured my machine to have the administrator account and one
user account which I primarily do all my work under. However, whenever I
want to connect or disconnect a local area connection I always have to log
into the administrator account as the "user" account does not have this
priviledge. It's kind of inconvenient.

I checked under "Administrative Tools"..."Local Security Policy" and the
"User Rights Assignment" tree but didn't see anything that would target
this
issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  • Re: Allow "Users" group to create or disconnect a Local Area Conne
    ... Group Policy module which I had never entered before. ... Connections" and then enabling "Ability to enable/Disable a LAN ... want to connect or disconnect a local area connection I always have to ... into the administrator account as the "user" account does not have this ...
  • Re: Win2k3 Server - Add user with local logon and low permissions ?
    ... We're not actually giving a user the ability to ... We want to have the Win2k3 Server logged in to do various pieces ... Administrator account logged in. ... >> given local logon for this one particular domain controller then his ...
  • Re: encrypted file access denied
    ... is this a domain or a standalone ... Does the administrator account have the ability to recover the files? ...
  • Re: Administrator Account login disappeared
    ... I now do not have the ability to login as the original administrator ... > through the second administrator account, but I wish to have the ability to ...
  • Re: Cant login locally to Small Business Server 2000
    ... I haven't renamed the administrator account, I actually didn't do anything to any accounts before losing my ability to login. ... If it was a suggestion to change the administrator account, I can't login to make the change. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)