Group Policy Question ( a bit clearer)

I'm working with a group of XP Pro, svc pk 2 laptops that used to be in a
Windows
2k server environment. They are now being used in a simple peer-to-peer
workgroup for a few months, after which they will go back on a different
domain. (I'm not sure how relevant that information is.)

The complaint I get from one particular user is that his machine is running
very, very slowly. I've done
the usual things in limiting startup group items, defragging, being sure
there is adequate ram. Doing that seemed to help for a few hours after which
the machine once again slowed down.
30 seconds to change between applications.

When I look at Event Viewer I see event 1085 "Group
Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute". I've done some
research on MS and other websites but don't have a clear answer. I think
what must have occurred is that in their old office there was a group policy
set on the server. Now that they don't connect to that server (and we don't
have the option of reconnecting to the old domain) the laptops get this
error. How can I go back to a default security policy on the workgroup
clients?

Thanks.

Michael

  • Group Policy question
    ... I'm working with a group of XP Pro, svc pk 2 laptops that used in a Windows ... 2k server environment. ... Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute". ...
  • Re: Group Policy Question ( a bit clearer)
    ... peer-to-peer workgroup for a few months, ... Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute". ... a group policy set on the server. ...
  • Re: How to allow users to create groups and shares
    ... Add the user/group to the Computer configuration, windows settings, security settings, Local policies, "Allow logon locally" in the Default domain controllers policy and on a existing or new created policy for the member servers. ... Filtering: Not Applied ... check with GPMC on the server or from a client the policy settings. ...
  • Domain Controller Security Policy errors
    ... Security Policy or the Domain Controller Security Policy. ... The DC is also a print and file server. ... The domain controller for Group Policy operations is not available. ...
  • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
    ... predefined Security Template on SBS 2003 to restore security groups ... run "gpupdate.exe /force" under command prompt to force the policy ... reboot the Server to test. ... and then logon to client computer to test if user can save system logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)