Re: Delete Old Backup File Names from Restore and Manage Media Lis

You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know.

Nepatsfan

D6676C2C-A52A-40F7-A676-1D8D29207831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
WR@xxxxxxxxxxx(donotspam)
<WRhotmailcomdonotspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nepatsfan,
thanks for you help. Worked perfectly.
WR

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

9C710217-9A31-43F0-904B-18E82B205529@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
WR@xxxxxxxxxxx(donotspam)
<WRhotmailcomdonotspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a way to selectively remove the older Backup File
Names from the Restore and Manage Media List? Is there a
way to completely wipe this list without reinstalling a
clean version of XP Pro? Presently my list is very
cluttered.

If this can be done, where is the list stored? How do I go
about this?

If you completely wipe the list, then how would one go
about telling the Restore program which files contain the
backups?

Note I am using removable drive bays to keep my backups on
spare hard drives.

WR

In the right hand pane on the "Restore and Manage Media"
tab of ntbackup, right click the entries you want to remove
and select "Delete catalog" from the menu. Keep in mind
that this does not delete the associated .bkf file, it just
removes the entry from the list.

If you want to restore a .bkf file which is not listed on
the "Restore and Manage Media" page, do the following:
Click on the Welcome tab in the Backup Utility.
Hit the Restore Wizard (Advanced) button.
When the wizard starts, hit the Next button.
On the "What to Restore" page, hit the Browse button.
You should now be able to navigate to the .bkf file.
Once you've made your choice, hit Next.
Click on the Advanced button if you want to change any
options. Click Finish.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

  • RE: Media Center no longer working after system restore
    ... to wonder if I did something wrong during my System Restore! ... If this key isn't in the registry, open Windows Notepad and paste the ... also had a raid failure with an asr restore. ... Media Center I get an error stating "Media Center only works on Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: restore CD, what exactly is it?
    ... There is a hidden partition on the hard ... - EMachines - used to provide media. ... System Restore), users are cheated out of optional components (like ntbackup ... A CD that will reload system files, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Restricted Content Message on old MCE Recordings
    ... Let us know if the restore from Recycle operation also restores the license info - I personally don't know, since I never had to deal with that aspect of it. ... I did try shutting down the media center service and copying them back, but that didn't restore the license info. ... Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP ... It just left me with not being able to view older recordings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: No OS CD?
    ... Microsoft/Dell may have chosen not to include Restore CD's with PC's because ... Media Center comes on a DVD. ... The response I got from Dell was that they don't ship Microsoft OS CDs ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • RE: Its Broke
    ... At this point who knows what mayhem the restore itself ... Can't play any recorded TV programs in Media Center, ... I can't setup a recording, I get schedular errors, it says to close Media ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)