Re: XP Security Centre

donotspam wrote:

Hi
A friend of mine sent me a link today, he said that its a new
microsoft cleaner and had I heard of it, I have looked on microsoft
site and cannot find the scanner he is refering to but here is the
link, if its okay then I will give it a try but as I have never heard
of it I am very wary of trying it.

Link to website
http://safety.live.com

It is from Microsoft, it is beta (not finished yet), and it isn't very
good. David Lipman, an expert on viruses, tested the antivirus portion
of the scan with some simple viruses and it failed miserably. Stick to
tried-and-true anti-virus/malware solutions.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: Microsoft: No responsibility accepted
    ... > Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday announced the creation of a $5 million fund ... > conviction of virus writers. ... > information that leads to the arrest of the authors of two recent viruses, ... Blaster exploited a hole in the Windows RPC DCOM ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Are We Addressing Cyber Crime Backwards
    ... Most email viruses, both of these included, forge the from: ... shortcomings of Microsoft products. ... In other words attachments are input to ... file to .BAT or .PIF or .GIF and it still executes, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: unable to update
    ... You probably have one ore more viruses on your machine causing the problem. ... Searching for information on how to remove the series of "Vundo", ... Microsoft Onecare.live site and downloaded the software. ... that this is a quick and easy solution to the Automatic Windows Update ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Automatic Updates disabled by virus
    ... I found that I had several viruses on my ... Searching for information on how to remove the series of "Vundo", ... Microsoft Onecare.live site and downloaded the software. ... that this is a quick and easy solution to the Automatic Windows Update ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Are We Addressing Cyber Crime Backwards
    ... Most email viruses, both of these included, forge the from: ... did come from a friend of yours, ... shortcomings of Microsoft products. ... Windows does exactly what the user tells it to do so. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)