Re: WinXP Password retention

015E0BDC-AC01-4CE3-9136-2CF3232E442C@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Tony Volante <Tony Volante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Help anyone.
I use lots of passwords for eBay, PayPal, and various
Forums/E-Groups. Usually when I type in a password WinXP
asks me "Do you want Windows to remember this password!". I
usually type in 'Yes' to save my 70 year old brain from
having to remember them. Recently I clicked on the wrong
button, It was "Do not ask me this again". So now WindowsXP
never remembers a new password. How can I switch this
function back on again so that windows will remember new
passwords?
TonyVee

Go to Control Panel and double click on Internet Options.
Click on the Content tab.
In the Personal Information section, hit the AutoComplete
button.
In AutoComplete Settings, put a check mark in the box next to
"Prompt me to save passwords".
Make sure any other boxes that you consider appropriate to your
situation are checked.
Click OK twice.
Open Internet Explorer and go to a site which requires a
password.
See if you are prompted to save the password.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

.