Re: Security Center unavailable

Alright wrote:

Hi all,

In the Security Centre, I am now getting a message saying that the
Security Center is unavailable and I should close it and reopen or
restarts windows. Now I have tried doing that, but no change. I can
still turn my firewall on and off, but get no message in the blue bar
at the bottom of the screen. I am on XP SP2 and recently installed
Norton Anti-Virus 2006, could this be a reason why?

When you installed NAV 2006, it gave you the option of using NAV's
security alert system instead of XP's Security Center. You said "yes".
Don't worry about this.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: xp firewall
    ... >>> When i go into the security center i noticed that my firewall is ... when i try to turn it on all i get is an error message ... >>> it i get another message saying that it cannot be turned on. ... Norton Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: bout lagging
    ... rightly they were thrown by a message saying that Nationwide's security ... cert was out of date and they declined to proceed. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Windows SOE
    ... I would look through the security and sharing properties of the file. ... File is locked for editing by USER). ... However I sometimes get a message saying that the file is "Locked for ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)
  • Security Center problem
    ... I cannot start my Windows Firewall. ... I get a message saying the Security ... The dependency service or group failed to start." ...
  • Re: windows 98 cant communicate with usb injet printer
    ... MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) ... wuzntme wrote: ... I get a message saying cannot communicate with printer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)